Background

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Regency Day Gown and Future Costumes

With all of the craziness of school I haven't had a ton of time to work on large and extravagant costumes projects, however, I did just finish another Regency gown. What can I say? I'm addicted to the era. It has such an air of romance and chivalry, or maybe I've read to many novels... ;-)

In any case, this is a day dress with a drop front. I left it fairly simple with almost no trim but I feel that lends it a certain elegance.



 I did also include handmade Dorset buttons for the back closure. I love adding those since they fit with the period but I would like to find smaller rings to use so I can vary the sizes. 


Several months ago I made a chemisette and so I included that in some of the photos. The chemisette is available in one size in my Etsy store and of course for custom order. It reminds me of the movie Bright Star.


And so now I'm planning my next big piece. I still have the blue Steampunk-esq Victorian to finish (see previous posts) but after that I'm thinking I might do something inspired by Showtime's The Borgias. I am so in love with the costumes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment