Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Pink and White Voile Regency Gown

Due to school keeping me so busy over the last several weeks my progress on this gown was rather slow. But low and behold I have finally completed it! I have to say, this might be the most labor intensive dress I have done... It was based off of the La Mode Bagatelle pattern, which I have never used before. I added some trim:


And then the beading commenced. I wanted this dress to shimmer! I know metal sequins have been found as far back as ancient Egypt but plastic sequins didn't make an appearance until sometime in the first half of the twentieth century. If anyone happens to know where a more historical sequin can be found please let me know!



I also did some decorative stitching on the skirt for added detail. Slowly the rest came together with French seams and more lace, beads and pearls. The finished gown was actually more lovely than I had imagined. The finished photos can be viewed here. Feel free to fan the page while you're there!

This gown is currently for sale. If you are interested please leave me a comment here or send me a message on Facebook and I will contact you regarding the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment